When seeing Jesus for the first time, John the Baptist said: “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). Thirty-one times in the book of Revelation the word Lamb is used. In 1 Peter 1:18-19, we are told we have been redeemed with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
Did you see that? Precious blood. Precious blood as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. Oh my, these are the most beautiful truths.
Here are a few tips that will make the below truths from God’s Word jump off the page and #wow your heart:
Ask God to give you understanding as you read and as you read
(1) circle every reference to blood
(2) put a square around every reference to lamb
(3) underline every reference to Passover.
After you read each passage, look back at the words you marked (they should jump out at you) and
(4) make a quick and simple list of what you learned about blood, lamb, and Passover.
I promise you will be left in awe and wonder.
- Romans 6:23 (The word death implies both physical death and exclusion from the presence and favor of God in consequence of sin and disobedience but never as extinction.)
- Romans 5:6-10 (Justification means declared right with God. Reconciled means to change from enmity to friendship.)
- Leviticus 17:11
- Leviticus 5:5-9
- Exodus 11:4-7
- Exodus 12:1-27
- John 13:1-2(a)
- John 18:37-40
- John 19 (In verse 30, “it is finished” can also be translated “paid in full”. In those days when a debt had been paid in full, the word “tetelestai" was stamped or written across the certificate of debt and nailed where all could see. The last words spoken by Jesus were - I have paid your sin debt in full – it is finished!)
- Ephesians 1:7
- 1 Peter 1:18-19
- John 1:29 (“Takes away” means to take up, carry away, or remove by carrying away. To take away sin means to take away the imputation or punishment.)
- Revelation 5:12
“Worthy is the that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.” Revelation 5:12